At Home With Simon Doonan And Jonathan Adler

Thursday, February 10, 2011 ·

The fashion party route was hop last night, but I couldn’t remain too long at the B Brian Atwood bash or toast Lacoste’s Felipe Oliveira Baptista—I’d gotten an request too good to say no. Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan (left) open their home last night to a handful of journalists and a lucky little AmEx Platinum cardholders, and we all inwards for dinner, mesmerized by one of the grooviest apartments in town. (To be fair, two apartments combined.) Doonan complete his name decorate Barneys’ storied windows, so I was more than ever surprised to listen to that he’d left decor duties entirely to his interiors-guru husband. “Wouldn’t you love to have your house all decorated by Jonathan?” he asked me over cocktail. Of course, I admitted. “Well, me too!” he laughed. “So I let him do it all.”

The house was stock to the gills with Adler’s whimsical pottery, pillows, and furniture. “Please don’t steal something; we have cameras all over!” Doonan joked during dinner. But Adler took the salesman’s approach. “Everything is for sale,” he corrected. “Everything has a value tag.” The American Express guests looked like they were furnish their apartments in their heads. And as for me, I had my eye on the beautiful, boxy Lampert sofa (from $2,950, more in sequence at


0 comments:

Chitika

Followers

Contributors